We’re excited for what this month has in store for our students! If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here: December 2016 newsletter & calendar (PDF).
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes peanuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch, please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly theme: Holidays around the World & Winter Wonderland
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: L, H
- Numbers: 4, 14
- Shapes: star, crescent
- Color: Yellow
Students will learn about different holidays around the world: Advent, Chinese New Year, Christmas and the birth of Jesus, Hanukah and New Year. We will discuss how people in each country celebrate and what traditions they may have. We will talk about winter and the clothes we wear and why, learn about the weather outside and the changing of season, and how snow is formed.
In December we start counting down the days until Christmas. We will celebrate the birth of Jesus, who teaches us that God’s love is for everyone. St. Nicholas will visit chapel and give each child a special gift. Nicholas teaches us the value of being thoughtful and giving to others.
Christmas Program & Early Release on December 15
All students should plan to attend our annual Christmas Program on Thursday, December 15 at 9 am. The program will take place in the large hall in the school building, a change from our original location of the church sanctuary. A school slideshow will begin at 9 and the program will start at 9:30. Cookies and punch will be served following the program. Santa will be there too!
Letters to Santa
Be on the lookout for letters to be filled out by your child to send to Santa. A mailbox will be located inside the front door of the school. If you would like for your child to receive a response from Santa, please be sure to have them put their letter in the mailbox no later than December 12. Please come to the office if you would like a copy of the letterhead for siblings to write a letter to Santa.
Fun Things to Note
- Dec. 6 – St. Nicholas Visit
- Dec. 7 – Christmas Sweater Day
- Dec. 8 – Pajama Day and Polar Express
- Dec. 12 – Deadline – Letters to Santa
- Dec. 15 – 9 am Christmas Program & 11 am Early Release
- Dec. 16 – Jan. 2 – Winter Break- School Closed
- Jan. 3 – Back to School
- Please remember to check your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- Please be sure to place a full set of clothes (season appropriate) inside your child’s backpack at all times.
- We are in need of elastic waist pants sizes 2 – 6 and boys and girls underwear sizes 4, 5, and 6. We appreciate all donations.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.