This December is full of joy and excitement, and we have a lot going on at St. Martin’s Episcopal School. If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here:
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes: Advent, Christmas
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: B, C
- Numbers: 9,10
- Shapes: Stars, Crescents
- Color: Yellow
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting, Nov. 2 at 9:15 am
Please join us in the school cafeteria following student drop-off. The focus of this meeting will be to discuss fundraisers.
- Isaiah 9:6 “For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
- Luke 1:31 “And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus.”
- Luke 2:1 “In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that all the world should be registered.”
- 2 Cor. 9:7c “…for God loves a cheerful giver.” (I give-Karyn Henley)
St. Nicholas Visit*, December 5 at 9:30 am
St. Nicholas is coming! Please join us for a special chapel service December 5. All are welcome to join us at 9:30 in the sanctuary.
Polar Express Pajama Day, Tuesday December 12
The Polar Express is coming!!! Students may wear their pajamas to school on this day. Claire Abraham, our storyteller, will be telling the story of The Polar Express.
Cookie Donation*, December 14
There will be sign-up sheets outside of your student’s classroom to donate one dozen cookies for our reception following the Christmas program. Please make certain all items are NUT FREE and do not say MAY CONTAIN NUTS. Please bring your donation to the directors in the school office the day before or the morning of the event. We appreciate your donation!
Christmas Program*/Early Release, Thursday, December 14
All children should plan to attend our annual Christmas Program on Thursday, December 14 at 9:00. The program will take place in the school gym with a school slideshow at 9:00 and the program starting at 9:15. Cookies and punch will be served following the program. Please have your child to school on time. There will be an early release at 11:00. There will not be extended care on this day.
Fun things to Note
An asterisk indicates parent involvement.
- Dec. 3 – Coat Drive ends
- Dec. 35 – St. Nicholas Visit*, 9:30 in the Church
- Dec. 37 – Christmas Sweater Day
- Dec. 312 – Polar Express Pajama Day
- Dec 13 – Wear Yellow
- Dec. 314 – Christmas Program- 9:00*/Early Release at 11:00, no extended care
- Dec. 315 – Jan. 3 – School Closed, Winter Break
- Jan. 4 – Return to School
- We use Remind to communicate with parents in case of a school emergency or school closure. ALL families should sign up for our text messaging service Remind. Last year’s class code will not work to get you information this year. Text the message @stm1718 to the number 81010. If 81018 won’t work on your cell phone text message app, use 682-237-6657.
- Please remember to check your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.