We’re loving what this month has in store! If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here: February 2016 newsletter & calendar (PDF).
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly theme: Fairy Tales/Springtime
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: B, K, N
- Numbers: 6, 16
- Shape: Heart
- Color: Pink
In February the children will be learning about morals and value that fairy tales teach us. They will learn about spring and the cycle of growing flowers. Valentine’s Day, Groundhog Day, Shrove Tuesday, and Ash Wednesday will also be discussed.
This month we will focus on love. How do we love our friends and neighbors? We will also continue to learn about Jesus’ life and ministry. Jesus taught everyone to be loving and accepting. Let’s be like Jesus!
Bible verse: For God so loved the world that he gave his only son. John 3:16
Valentine’s Day, February 14
Our Valentine’s Day Student Celebration is different than in previous years and will include only students. The students will be given the opportunity to decorate their own heart-shaped sugar cookie which they will enjoy eating after lunch. Students are asked to bring valentines for their classmates and address them to “My Friend.” We will inform you of your teachers class count before the big day. If you opt to include candy in your valentine, please make certain items are nut free.
Enrollment for 2017-2018
Be on the lookout for enrollment packets for the 2017-2018 school year. We will be sending packets home February 1.
Remember, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s Episcopal School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50 credit toward your tuition.
2017 calendar fundraiser
Pocket and wall calendars with scripture are now for sale to raise funds for the school. Wall calendars are $7 and pocket calendars are $6. If you would like to view these calendars and/or place an order, please come to the school office. These will be available while supplies last.
Fun things to note
- Feb. 7 – Dentist visit
- Feb. 14 – Valentine’s Day Student Celebration
- Feb. 16 – Wear pink
- Feb. 20 – SCHOOL CLOSED- President’s Day
- Feb. 22 – Backwards Day- Wear clothes backwards
- Please remember to check your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- Please be sure to place a full set of clothes (season appropriate) inside your child’s backpack at all times.
- We are in need of elastic waist pants sizes 2 – 6 and boys and girls underwear sizes 4, 5, and 6. We appreciate all donations.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.