We have a new year and new and exciting things to learn and do at St. Martin’s Episcopal School. If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here:
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes: Wild Animals, Farm Animals, Pets, Winter
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: G, W, K
- Numbers: 11, 12, 13
- Shape: Circles
- Colors: White, Gray
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting, Jan.11 at 9:15 am
Please join us in the school cafeteria following student drop-off. The focus of this meeting will be to discuss fundraisers (i.e., Valentine bake sale, food truck event, bingo
School Board Meeting*, Jan. 23 at 6:30 pm:
Parents are welcome to join us for our monthly School Board Meetings. Meetings are held in the school gym every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Texas Rodeo Day, Jan. 25
This will be a fun day where children will be singing western songs and pretending to roast marshmallows. Remember to send your child to school in their best western attire. Cowboy up!
- Genesis 1:25 “God made the wild animals of the earth of every kind, and the cattle of every kind, and everything that creeps upon the ground of every kind. And God saw that it was good.”
- Genesis 1:24 “And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures of every kind: cattle and creeping things and wild animals of the earth of every kind.” And it was so.”
- Proverbs 12:10a “The righteous know the needs of their animals.”
- Genesis 6:19 “And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark.”
Enrollment for 2018-2019
Be on the lookout for enrollment packets for the 2018-2019 school year. We will be sending packets home in February.
If you opt to pay your full semester tuition in full (January through May) you will receive at 2.5% discount. Please see the school office for details. Also, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50.00 credit toward your tuition.
Fun things to Note
An asterisk indicates parent involvement.
- Jan. 4 – Return to School
- Jan. 11 – PTO Meeting*, 9:15 in the cafeteria
- Jan. 11 – Wear White and Gray
- Jan. 15 – SCHOOL CLOSED, Martin Luther King Day
- Jan. 18 – Crazy Hair Day
- Jan. 23 – School Board Meeting*, 6:30 in the school gym
- Jan. 25 – Texas Rodeo Day
- We use Remind to communicate with parents in case of a school emergency or school closure. ALL families should sign up for our text messaging service Remind. Last year’s class code will not work to get you information this year. Text the message @stm1718 to the number 81010. If 81018 won’t work on your cell phone text message app, use 682-237-6657.
- Please remember to check your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.