We’re loving what this month has in store! If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here: March 2017 newsletter & calendar (PDF).
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly theme: Nature all around us / outer space
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: V, E, W
- Numbers: 7, 17
- Shape: Triangle
- Color: Black and white
In March, students will learn about plant life, the life cycle of animals, their habitats, and endangered species. Students will also learn about typical spring weather. The solar system, astronauts and telescopes will also be discussed.
In March, we celebrate Jesus’ ministry and will celebrate Ash Wednesday to remember that we are always loved. On this day we will greet families and pass out heart stickers (we will not give ashes). We will take prayer requests and pray for the needs of our school. Also in March, we will celebrate St. Patrick. We will watch a St. Patrick’s Veggie Tales video clip and have a short chapel service.
Bible verse: Deuteronomy 6:5 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your might.”
Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration/Crazy Hat Day, March 2
Be sure to wear your crazy hats and socks on this day to help celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday! The students will get to try scrambled green eggs and ham and will watch part of Green Eggs and Ham movie. Children with an egg allergy will be given an alternate snack.
Family Celebration, March 7
This year we are going to combine our Mother’s Day and Father’s Day celebrations into a Family celebration. All family members are invited. The program will start promptly at 9:15 in the school gym. Please have your students to class on time. Following the program we will have cookies and juice.
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, March 9
Remember to wear green on this day! Chaplain Corrie Cabes will tell the story of St. Patrick and students will watch a small Veggie Tales video.
Enrollment for 2017-2018
Enrollment is now open to the community. Parents, please submit your child’s enrollment forms as soon as possible so that they get a spot before classes fill up.
Remember, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s Episcopal School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50 credit toward your tuition.
2017 calendar fundraiser
Pocket and wall calendars with scripture are now for sale to raise funds for the school. Wall calendars are $7 and pocket calendars are $6. If you would like to view these calendars and/or place an order, please come to the school office. These will be available while supplies last.
Fun things to note
- March 1 – Ash Wednesday, students will NOT be given Ashes, they will receive a sticker.
- March 2 – Dr. Seuss’ Birthday, Crazy/Sock Hat Day
- March 7 – Family Celebration
- March 9 – St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, Wear Green
- March 13 -17 – SCHOOL CLOSED- Spring Break
- March 21 – Wear Black and White
- St,. Martin-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church welcomes all of our families and friends to join the Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday events. Please see the flyer in your child’s folder for all event details or the church website: www.stmartininthefields.org for more information.
- Save the dates for Vacation Bible School June 12-16, 9 am – noon.
- Please remember to check your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- Please be sure to place a full set of clothes (season appropriate) inside your child’s backpack at all times.