May is an exciting time of year, and St. Martin’s Episcopal School has a lot happening!
If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here: May 2017 newsletter & calendar (PDF).
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes: Texas our state, what is a safari, going to the zoo
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: X, Q, Z
- Numbers: 9, 19
- Shape: Diamond
- Color: Green
In May your children will learn about the Texas flower, the region of Texas, western attire, food and rodeos. They will also learn what a safari is and the animals that live in them and what gear you use on a safari. The zoo will be another focus for the children. The children will discuss the size and color of zoo animals as well as the sounds they make, what they eat and what habitat they live in.
Children will attend chapel for the first two weeks of May. The last two weeks of May are filled with year-end events and rehearsals for the end of year program. Chapel activities will take place in the classroom the last two weeks.
Bible verse: Philippians 4:13 “I can do everything through Jesus who gives me strength.”
Reception for Corrie Cabes, Sunday, May 14 at 12 pm
We invite you to come to a reception to celebrate and honor the ministry of Corrie Cabes, who will be moving to Austin this summer to attend Seminary of the Southwest. Corrie is now a postulant in the ordination process.
Parent Appreciation Breakfast, Tuesday, May 16 at 9 am
Join us to celebrate you! We appreciate all of our families who have volunteered their time during the school year. Please join us following drop off in the cafeteria for a light breakfast of pastries, fruit and coffee.
Ice Cream Social, Tuesday, May 23 at 2 pm
This year our ice cream social will be after school on the front lawn! We invite parents and siblings join us. Please note that this is an after school activity. You will need to sign your child out from class before you enjoy this event. You will be responsible for your children during this time.
End of Year Program & Graduation, Last Day of School, Thursday, May 25
It is hard to believe that the school year is coming to an end! Please join us in the school gym at 9:15 for our end of year program and graduation celebration! Please have your child in their class by 9 am. Following the program there will be a reception in the lunchroom with juice and cookies. You must sign your child out of class before joining the reception. Please also note that there will be an early release of 11 am on this day. More details will be coming to you in the coming weeks.
Enrollment for 2017-2018
Enrollment is open, and we are excited for the 2017-2018 school year! Classes are filling quickly so please tell your friends and neighbors not to wait to check us out! Pick up our new brochure in the office to give to your friends! Remember, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s Episcopal School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50 credit toward your tuition.
Things to Note
- May 1-4 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 4 – Star Wars Day (wear your favorite Star Wars shirt)
- May 14, 12 pm – Reception for Corrie Cabes
- May 16 – Parent Appreciation Breakfast (parent only event following drop off).
- May 18 – Wear Red
- May 23 – Ice Cream Social (following pickup on the front lawn, all family members welcome!).
- May 24 – Summer Fun T-Shirts and Hat Day (wear your summer hats and shirts).
- May 25 – End of Year Program and Graduation. Early release at 11:00, LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- May 26 – SCHOOL CLOSED- Teacher Work Day
- Vacation Bible School June 12-16, 9 am – noon. Register at kellervbs.org
- Please remember to check your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- Please be sure to place a full set of clothes (season appropriate) inside your child’s backpack at all times.