St. Martin’s Episcopal School invites you to be a part of our four-day, Monday – Thursday Transitional Kindergarten program. Transitional Kindergarten (TK) might be the best fit for your child if…
- Your child is not 5 years old by August 31, the cutoff date for Texas kindergarten enrollment
- Your child is age-eligible for kindergarten, but would benefit from a more personalized learning program to mature socially or academically before entering elementary school
- Your younger child has mastered everything that pre-kindergarten has to offer and needs more academic challenges
We know age isn’t the best indicator of kindergarten readiness; other factors in this developmental transition are social and emotional development. The curriculum in our structured program will prepare your child for a successful transition into kindergarten, and our smaller class size offers a more individualized approach to learning. Students gain social skills and confidence to be successful in kindergarten. Students are exposed to all learning objectives of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) in our four-day TK class.
A state-certified teacher, Carolyn Zimmerman, will teach our TK class. Ms. Zimmerman has recently taught the TEKS for kindergarten, and she has exceptional abilities to nurture your child’s learning.
Please contact our director Serin Stanford to discuss your child’s needs or to schedule a readiness assessment.
TK program highlights
- Learning self-esteem, self-confidence, responsibility, and social skills
- Listening and following directions
- Recognition of colors, shapes, numbers
- Letters, sounds and sight words
- Development of gross and fine motor skills to improve hand-eye coordination
- Addresses all curriculum areas of Keller ISD and state-approved kindergarten curriculum (English language arts and reading, math, social studies, science, health, PE, art and music)
- Language development
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is the place to be….
- Our curriculum and school chaplain share Biblically-based values, resulting in a cooperative partnership with the school. Through the daily attendance in chapel, our goal is to instill in the students a respect for God’s word and promote an atmosphere of caring that teaches love for others and builds self-respect and respect for others.
- Our TK is taught by a Texas-certified teacher.
- Our school is staffed by highly trained and experienced teachers who create a nurturing and caring environment for optimal learning.
- Our school maintains a low student-to-teacher ratio for optimum instruction.
- Read the details of our TK curriculum here, and learn why St. Martin’s program is right for your child.