April has a lot of fun and energy at St. Martin’s Episcopal School! If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here:
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes: Friends, Transportation & Fairy Tales
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: Q, E, R
- Numbers: 19, 20
- Shape: Oval
- Color: Purple
Our April Chapel lessons will be:
- Psalm 146:2 “I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God all my life long.”
- Genesis 1:11 “Then God said, “Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it.” And it was so.”
- Luke 24:34 “They were saying, “The Lord has risen indeed, and he has appeared to Simon!””
- Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it, the world, and those who live in it.”
(An asterisk indicates parent involvement.)
- Monday, April 2: Wear Purple
- Wednesday, April 4 and Thursday, April 5- Spring Pictures: Bring your best smiles!
- Thursday, April 12, 2 pm Ice Cream Social, after school event*: We invite parents and siblings join us for some yummy ice cream! Please note that this is an after school activity. You will need to sign your child out from class before you enjoy this event. You will be responsible for your children during this time. If there is inclement weather then this event will move into the lunchroom.
- Saturday, April 14, 6-9 pm Bingo, Beer, and BBQ Fundraiser*: Join us for a night of fun & fellowship as we call out the fun at our bingo fundraiser! BBQ, beer and wine will be the fare. Bingo is for every age! Young kids can enjoy hunting for letter and number combinations. Free childcare will be available too!
- Thursday, April 19, 9- 9:30 am, Donuts with Dads/Friends*: Dads/friends, before you sign your child into their classroom please mosey on to the school gym for some donuts. This is a special time to spend with your child. Please sign your child into their classroom following the event and before you leave.
- Tuesday, April 24: Inside-Out Day
- Thursday, April 26, 11:30 am Family Picnic Day*: Families, this is an opportunity to come have lunch with your child and have some fun. We ask that you bring a blanket and provide lunch for you and your child. ALL ITEMS must be NUT FREE. If you are unable to attend this event have no fear! Your student will get to enjoy their lunch with their teacher and classmates. If weather is not ideal, we will move this into the school gym.
- April 25, 6:30 pm School Board Meeting*: Parents are welcome to join us for our monthly School Board Meetings. Meetings are held in the church library (located next to the school gym) the 4th Wednesday of every month.
- May 2: Muffins with Moms/Friends,* 9 – 9:30
- May 7-11:Teacher Appreciation Week*
- May 10: Parent Appreciation Breakfast,* 9:15
- May 17 – End of year program and graduation, early release of 11:00, LAST DAY OF SCHOOL*
Enrollment for 2018-2019
Classes are filling quickly so please tell your friends and neighbors not to wait to check us out! Pick up our brochure in the office to give to your friends!
If you opt to pay your semester tuition in full (September 2018 through December 2018) you will receive a 2.5% discount. If you would like to pay tuition for the year in full (September 2018 through May 2019), you will receive a 5% discount. Please see the school office for details. Also, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s Episcopal School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50 credit toward your tuition.
- We use Remind to communicate with parents in case of a school emergency or school closure. ALL families should sign up for our text messaging service Remind. Last year’s class code will not work to get you information this year. Text the message @stm1718 to the number 81010. If 81018 won’t work on your cell phone text message app, use 682-237-6657.
- Please remember to check and empty your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.
- Please pack an extra pair of SEASONALLY APPROPRIATE clothes in your child’s backpack.