We’re loving what this month has in store at St. Martin’s Episcopal School! If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here:
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes: Friends, Transportation & Fairy Tales
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: H, V, L
- Numbers: 14, 15, 16
- Shape: Heart
- Color: Pink
Our February Chapel lessons will be:
- John 15:15c, d “I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father.”
- Proverbs 17:17a “A friend loves at all times”
- Matthew 28:20b “And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- Matthew 8:23 “And when he got into the boat, his disciples followed him.”
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting*, Feb. 1, 9:15 am
Please join us in the school cafeteria following student drop-off. The focus of this meeting will be to plan the Valentine Bake Sale and our bingo fundraiser night.
Valentine’s Bake Sale Fundraiser*, Feb. 13, 2:00 pm
Please purchase some baked goods and help support our students and teachers. If you would like to donate items please bring them to the office by 10 am on Feb 13. Items should be wrapped for selling. Please divide smaller treats into 2-3 goodies per baggie. Please no nuts or peanuts.
Valentine’s Day Celebration, Feb. 14
Please send your student to school with enough valentines for their class. Please do not put names on them. Instead write, “To My Friend, from…” They will get to exchange their valentines during class. If you include candy with the valentines they must be peanut and nut free. Heart shaped cookies will be provided once again by Amy Osterhoff! Students will get to decorate their cookie in the morning and will get to eat it after lunch!
School Board Meeting*, Feb. 28, 6:30 pm
Parents are welcome to join us for our monthly School Board Meetings. Meetings are held in the church library (located next to the school gym) the 4th Wednesday of every month.
Enrollment for 2018-2019
Enrollment packets for the 2018-2019 school year will be sent home in your child’s folder February 1. Starting February 16, enrollment will be open to new families, so be sure to get your paperwork in early to guarantee your child’s spot in the school and get the $10 discount on the registration fee.
If you opt to pay your semester tuition in full (September 2018 through December 2018) you will receive a 2.5% discount. If you would like to pay tuition for the year in full (September 2018 through May 2019) you will receive a 5% discount. Please see the school office for details. Also, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50.00 credit toward your tuition.
Fun things to Note
An asterisk indicates parent involvement.
- Feb. 1 – PTO Meeting*, 9:15 in the cafeteria
- Feb. 8 – Wear Pink
- Feb. 13 – Valentine‘s Bake Sale Fundraiser, 2:00*
- Feb. 14 – Valentine’s Day Celebration
- Feb. 19 – SCHOOL CLOSED – President’s Day
- Feb. 22 – Backwards Day – Wear clothes backwards
- Feb. 27 – Disney Day – Wear your favorite Disney shirt.
- SAVE THE DATE!* Saturday, April 14, 6 to 9 pm will be our BBQ, Beer, and Bingo Fundraiser! This will be a fun event! Free childcare will be provided during this event.
- We use Remind to communicate with parents in case of a school emergency or school closure. ALL families should sign up for our text messaging service Remind. Last year’s class code will not work to get you information this year. Text the message @stm1718 to the number 81010. If 81018 won’t work on your cell phone text message app, use 682-237-6657.
- Please remember to check and empty your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.
- Brrr!! It is cold outside! Please pack an extra pair of SEASONALLY APPROPRIATE clothes in your child’s backpack. Don’t forget a labeled jacket too!