March springs forward with fun and learning at St. Martin’s Episcopal School! If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here:
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes: Friends, Transportation & Fairy Tales
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: D, X, U
- Numbers: 17, 18
- Shapes: Diamond, Pentagon
- Color: Green
Our March Chapel lessons will be:
- Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning…God created the heavens and the earth.”
- Genesis 1:16 “God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.”
- Genesis 1:20 “And God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the dome of the sky.”
- Psalm 4:8 “I will both lie down and sleep in peace; for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety.”
Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration/Crazy Hat and Crazy Sock Day, Thursday, March 1
Be sure to wear your crazy hats and socks on this day to help celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday! The students will get to try scrambled green eggs and ham and will have Green Eggs and Ham read to them. Children with an egg allergy will be given an alternate snack.
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting*, Tuesday, March 6, 9:15 am
Please join us in the school cafeteria following student drop-off. The focus of this meeting will be to discuss the Easter Party and our Bingo Fundraiser night.
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, Thursday, March 8
Remember to wear green on this day! We will tell the story of St. Patrick.
Easter Party*, Thursday, March 29
We invite family members to join us outside for our hunt! The egg hunts will begin at 10 am. The hunt will be divided into 3 separate groups and times: Ms. May’s and Ms. Regina’s class at 10:00; Ms. Alison’s and Ms. Mayra’s class at 10:20; Ms. Thompson’s and Ms. Coz’s class at 10:45. At 11:30 we will have our Easter feast. Sign-up sheets will be placed outside of your child’s classroom for items you can bring to the feast and/or volunteer your time.
We ask that all students bring one dozen plastic eggs filled with either nut-free candy or stickers. Please tape the eggs shut.
If your child does not normally attend school on Wednesday but you would like for them to participate in the festivities, you can either join your child for the duration of the event or you may inquire in the office about a drop-in day with a $30 fee.
School Board Meeting*, March 28, 6:30 pm
Parents are welcome to join us for our monthly School Board Meetings. Meetings are held in the church library (located next to the school gym) the 4th Wednesday of every month.
Enrollment for 2018-2019
Make sure you get your enrollment packets in! Classes are beginning to fill up!
If you opt to pay your semester tuition in full (September 2018 through December 2018) you will receive a 2.5% discount. If you would like to pay tuition for the year in full (September 2018 through May 2019) you will receive a 5% discount. Please see the school office for details. Also, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50 credit toward your tuition.
Fun things to Note
An asterisk indicates parent involvement.
- March 1 – Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration/Crazy Hat and Crazy Sock Day
- March 6 – PTO Meeting*, 9:15 in the cafeteria
- March 6 – Wear your favorite color from head to toe!
- March 8 – St. Patrick’s Day Celebration/Wear Green
- March 12-16 – SCHOOL CLOSED- Spring Break
- March 21 – Crazy Hair Day
- March 28 – 100th Day of School
- March 29 – Easter Party*
- March 30 – SCHOOL CLOSED – Good Friday
- SAVE THE DATE! Saturday, April 14, 6 to 9 pm will be our BBQ, Beer, and Bingo Fundraiser!* This will be a fun event! Free childcare will be provided.
- We use Remind to communicate with parents in case of a school emergency or school closure. ALL families should sign up for our text messaging service Remind. Last year’s class code will not work to get you information this year. Text the message @stm1718 to the number 81010. If 81018 won’t work on your cell phone text message app, use 682-237-6657.
- Please remember to check and empty your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.
- Please pack an extra pair of SEASONALLY APPROPRIATE clothes in your child’s backpack.