May is an exciting time of year, and St. Martin’s Episcopal School has a lot happening!If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here:
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes:Oceans, Taking Care of our Bodies, Weather
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letter: Z
- Numbers: review all numbers
- Shape: Octagon
- Color: Blue
Our April Chapel lessons will be:
- Genesis 1:20 “And God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the dome of the sky.”
- Mark 4:41 “And they were filled with great awe and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
- Psalm 139:14 “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well.”
- Matthew 28:20b “And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
This month’s activities:
An asterisk * indicates parent involvement
- Wednesday, May 2, 9-9:30 am, Muffins with Moms/Friends*: Moms/friends, before you sign your child into their classroom please mosey on to the school gym for some muffins. This is a special time to spend with your child. Please sign your child into their classroom following the event and before you leave.
- May 7-11, Teacher Appreciation Week*: This is a parent-led program. Please contact Kimberly Bennett at 404-405-4077 if you would like to help or if you have questions.
- Thursday, May 10, 9:15 am, Parent Appreciation Breakfast*: Please join us to celebrate you! We appreciate all of our families who have volunteered their time during the school year. Please join us in the cafeteria following drop off for a light breakfast of pastries, fruit and coffee.
- Thursday, May 17, 9:15 am, End of Year Program and Graduation; 11 am Early Release*: It is hard to believe that the school year is coming to an end! Please join us in the school gym at 9:15 for our end of year program and graduation celebration! Please have your child in their class by 9 am. After the program, sign your child out and join our reception in the lunchroom and enjoy juice and cookies with classmates and friends. Please also note that there is an early release of 11 am on this day.
- Wednesday, May 23, 6:30 pm School Board Meeting*: Parents are welcome to join us for our monthly School Board meetings. Meetings are held in the church library (located next to the school gym) the 4th Wednesday of every month.
Enrollment for 2018-2019
Classes are filling quickly so please tell your friends and neighbors not to wait to check us out! Pick up our brochure in the office to give to your friends!
If you opt to pay your semester tuition in full (September 2018 through December 2018) you will receive a 2.5% discount. If you would like to pay tuition for the year in full (September 2018 through May 2019), you will receive a 5% discount. Please see the school office for details. Also, if you refer a friend to St. Martin’s Episcopal School and they enroll their child, you will receive a $50 credit toward your tuition.
Fun things to note
An asterisk * indicates parent involvement
- May 2 – Muffins with Moms/Friends*, 9-9:30
- May 3- Star Wars Day! Wear your favorite Star Wars shirt
- May 7-11 -Teacher Appreciation Week*
- May 9 – Wear Blue
- May 10 – Parent Appreciation Breakfast*, 9:15
- May 16 – Summer Fun T-Shirt/Hat Day
- May 17 – End of year program and graduation. Early release of 11:00, LAST DAY OF SCHOOL*
For next year – back to school dates
- Aug.30 – Meet the Teacher, 6:30-7:30
- Sept. 4 – First Day of School, 9 am
- We use Remind to communicate with parents in case of a school emergency or school closure. ALL families should sign up for our text messaging service Remind. Last year’s class code will not work to get you information this year. Text the message @stm1718 to the number 81010. If 81018 won’t work on your cell phone text message app, use 682-237-6657.
- Please remember to check and empty your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.
- Please pack an extra pair of SEASONALLY APPROPRIATE clothes in your child’s backpack.