October is an exciting time of year as we move from the heat of summer to the harvest of autumn, and St. Martin’s Episcopal School has a lot happening!
If you want to download our two-page newsletter and calendar, it’s here: October 2017 newsletter & calendar (PDF).
Nut-free & latex-free school
Please remember we are a NUT-FREE and LATEX-FREE school. This includes nuts, tree nuts & balloons. This information is in our parent handbook. If you pack a nut-alternative spread in your child’s lunch please place a note in their lunchbox to inform us that it is an alternative to nut butter.
Monthly themes: Fall, Community Helpers, Fall Foods, Halloween, Outer Space
This month we will be learning how to write and recognize:
- Letters: J, F, S, Y
- Numbers: 3, 4, 5
- Shape: Triangle
- Colors: Black and Orange
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting, Oct. 3 at 9:15 am
Please join us in the school cafeteria following student drop-off. The purpose of this meeting will be to plan the Halloween Party.
In October, our chapel lessons will be:
- Psalm 65:11 – You crown the year with your bounty; your wagon tracks overflow with richness.
- Psalm 16:1 – Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
- Psalm 56:4 – In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I am not afraid…
- Psalm 66:5 – Come and see what God has done: he is awesome in his deeds among mortals.
Pet Blessing, October 4 at 8:45- 9 am
Our church offers prayers & blessings for all pets, living and remembered. Grab your leash or crate & bring your pet for a blessing outside on the lawn by the church office before school.
Halloween Party, Oct. 31 at 9:30 am
Our PTO is currently in the process of planning this event and we will have more details to you early this month. Some things to plan for: have your child wear their costume to school as there will be a Halloween costume parade. Children will take off their costumes following the parade so please be sure they have clothing underneath their costume. Please provide one bag of NUT FREE candy per child. Candy will be distributed into their Halloween bags that they will make in school.
We will have a Halloween lunch party. Sign-up sheets will be outside of your child’s class. We will be ordering pizza. If your child would like to eat pizza please bring $3.00 to the office by October 31. Please pack your child’s lunch if you do not want for them to have pizza. Please come to the office with any questions.
Fun things to Note
An asterisk indicates parent involvement
- Oct. 3 – Fire Department Visit, 10 am
- Oct. 3 – PTO Meeting, 9:15 am, Halloween Party Planning*
- Oct. 4 – Pet Blessing, 8:45 am*
- Oct. 7 – Pet Blessings, Saturday, October 7, 5 pm: Our church invites you and your pet to Saturday night outdoor worship! Join us in the fields by the playground. Drive-thru pet blessings 5:45 – 6:15 pm. Full info: http://bit.ly/bless-pet
- Oct. 9 – SCHOOL CLOSED, Columbus Day
- Oct. 17 – College T-Shirt Day
- Oct. 26 – Wear Black and Orange
- Oct. 31 – Halloween Party*
- We use Remind to communicate with parents in case of a school emergency or school closure. ALL families should sign up for our text messaging service Remind. Last year’s class code will not work to get you information this year. Text the message @stm1718 to the number 81010. If 81018 won’t work on your cell phone text message app, use 682-237-6657.
- Please remember to check your child’s folder on a regular basis as important information is sent home along with the wonderful work they have created in school.
- If you are currently potty training your child please be mindful of what they are wearing. Please send them to school in pants that your child can pull up and fasten independently.