St. Martin’s Episcopal School will suspend classes until COVID-19 situation has been resolved
We are continuing to monitor the latest information released from local state and federal health officials regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). We will be following recommendations from Keller ISD and The Tarrant County Health Department. Updates will be posted here as well as on our Facebook page. The school office staff will still be available to address questions or concerns you may have.
The health and safety of our students and staff is a top priority. We ask everyone in the community to do your part to help prevent the spread of disease by limiting your attendance at social gatherings and large public events. The cancellation of mass gatherings can dramatically help flatten the curve for the spread of the coronavirus disease. Additionally, the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to recommend taking everyday preventative actions to stop the spread of germs, including the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe; and
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
People who think they may have been exposed to Coronavirus should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
We are aware that an unexpected school closure creates a hardship on our parents and staff because of work, childcare, and other considerations, but we hope you know that the decision is based on doing what we believe is in the best interest of everyone involved.